Latest exhibition information
Aprico Visiting Exhibition Tsuneko Kumagai Kana Beauty Exhibition “Elegance of Calligraphy: Focusing on Pillow Book and Tsurezuregusa”
Wednesday, December 5, 12 - Sunday, December 13, 12
Notices & Topics
- AssociationInformation magazine "Art Menu" April / May issue published
- ExhibitionAbout the Aprico on-site exhibition Tsuneko Kumagai Kana's beauty exhibition "Elegance of calligraphy: Pillow Book, Focusing on Tsurezuregusa"
- RecruitmentRegarding the holding of the 5nd Memorial Hall lecture in 2, “Tracing Tsuneko Kumagai’s handwriting from representative works”
- OthersKumagai Tsuneko Memorial Hall "Memorial Hall Note" (No. 7) has been published
- Memorial[Important] Closing of Kumagai Tsuneko Memorial Museum
What is Kumagai Tsuneko Memorial Museum?
Tsuneko Kumagai 1893-1986
The Kumagai Tsuneko Memorial Museum was opened in April 1893 by Tsuneko Kumagai (1986-1990), who was active as a leading figure in women's kana books in the Showa period, after renovating her home where she lived.At the memorial hall, you can see Tsuneko's graceful books while retaining the atmosphere of your home built in 1936.
The museum has about 170 works by Tsuneko Kumagai.You can enjoy the world of Tsuneko's book while matching the theme of the exhibition.
Panorama view content using a 360-degree camera.You can experience a virtual visit to the Kumagai Tsuneko Memorial Museum.
Kumagai Tsuneko Memorial's works and exhibition rooms, Tsuneko's favorite tools, and a photo gallery of the memorial.
|Museum Hours of Operation||9:00 to 16:30 (Last admission 16:00)|
|Museum Holidays||Every Monday (the next day if it is a Monday holiday)
New Year's holiday (December 12-January 29)
Temporary closure of exhibition change
|Museum Admissions Fee||[Normal exhibition]
Junior high school students and younger: 50 yen
*Admission is free for children aged 65 and over (please show proof of age), preschool children, persons with a disability certificate, and one caregiver.
|Location||143-0025-4 Minamimagome, Ota-ku, Tokyo 5-15|
|Contact||TEL · FAX: 03-3773-0123|