Exhibition in the Sanno Sodo Memorial Museum
You can see a part of the old residence named Sanno Sodou by Soho.
Notices & Topics
- AssociationOta Ward Cultural Arts Information Paper "ART bee HIVE" vol.13 has been published.
- RecruitmentAbout implementation of customer questionnaire in 4
- AssociationInformation paper "ART bee HIVE" official PR character was born!
- AssociationThe official Twitter of the information paper "ART bee HIVE" is now available!
- OthersSanno Sodo Memorial Hall "Memorial Hall Note" (No. 6) has been published.
What is Sanno Sodo Memorial Museum?
Tokutomi Soho is the person who published Japan's first comprehensive magazine "The Nation's Friend" and subsequently the "Kokumin Shinbun".Soho's masterpiece "Modern Japanese National History" was started in 1918 (Taisho 7) at the age of 56 and completed in 1952 (Showa 27) at the age of 90.More than half of the 100 volumes were written during the Omori Sanno period.Soho moved to this area in 1924 (Taisho 13), and lived under the name of Sanno Sosudo until he moved to Atami Izusan in 1943 (Showa 18).Inside the residence, there was a Seikido Bunko, which has 10 Japanese and Chinese books collected by Soho.
The Sanno Sodo Memorial Museum was opened in April 1986 (Showa 61) after Ota Ward took over the former residence of Suho from Shizuoka Shimbun in 1988 (Showa 63).
Panorama view content using a 360-degree camera.You can experience a virtual visit to the Sanno Sodo Memorial Museum.
It is a photo gallery of materials, exhibition rooms, and memorial halls of Sanno Sodo Memorial Museum.
|Museum Hours of Operation||9: 00-16: 30 (Admission until 16:00)|
|Museum Holidays||New Year's holiday (December 12-January 29)
|Museum Admissions Fee||Free|
|Location||143-0023-1 Sanno, Ota-ku, Tokyo 41-21|
|Contact Information||TEL: 03-3778-1039|